HELLO EVERYONE! This is the world debut of CASA COOL BEANS in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! Your hosts, Lance, David and Mousse (our dog!)
Casa Cool Beans is a small, luxurious, relaxed guesthouse/Bed & Breakfast Inn located in Rio de Janeiro’s Santa Teresa artist district-recently referred to in November 2010 by New York Magazine as “the drop-dead-sexiest neighborhood in Rio”.
Spread out on three levels, the buildings that make up Casa Cool Beans offer a serene setting with just 5 suites, all with private baths. The multiple gardens, open-air areas, the pool and sun deck all offer exposure to the wonderful breezes, which drew the original settlers to Santa Teresa. Coffee is the inspiration for Casa Cool Beans, as Brazil is the largest producer of coffee in the world. The bright reds and purples of the coffee cherry and the lavish greens from the coffee plant offer colors to draw from for accent walls in our suites and fabrics throughout. The many rich shades of the roasted bean and coffee beverage will inspire other paint colors and wood accents added as we renovate and upgrade the facilities. Casa Cool Beans is all about a collection of experiences brought together by delicious food, art, service & personal touches.
The former hosts, Lydie & Claudia, did a wonderful job of the initial renovations and opening this spectacular guesthouse (Brazilians’ refer to them as “Pousadas”). Originally “Pousada Pitanga” from 2008-2010 and rated #4 B&B in Rio de Janeiro on TripAdvisor; now with new owners, philosophy and name, Casa Cool Beans welcomes you!
Our upgrades and improvements over the coming months will focus on implementing the highest quality products and the addition of more staff to improve service and your overall experience.
Upgrades and improvements to the property will include:
1) Rooms – Adding to our inventory an additional 5 newly renovated rooms all with in-suite baths. (2nd Q 2011)
2) Linens – Upgrading the linens, sheets and towels to a top-of-the-line brand (January 2011)
3) Soaps – Providing a new line of soaps and bathroom amenities. The likely choice is Granado, a Brazilian favorite! (January 2011)
4) Breakfast – As the inspiration for the Pousada, coffee will not just be a theme, but also an obsession to deliver the very best cup of coffee around. The Guesthouse ritual of continental breakfast will be taken to a new level. (Improvements already in progress!)
5) Furniture – Placing new tables, umbrellas and lounge chairs around the pool and sun deck as well as the first floor courtyard terraces. (1st Q 2011)
6) Art – Reaching out to local artists to sponsor their art and their art placed throughout the Guesthouse. (In progress)
7) Landscaping – Planting an organic garden to include herbs, vegetables, coffee bushes and additional fruit trees for use in our breakfast. Upscale lighting will be added throughout. (1st Q 2011)
8) Technology – Adding a Mac computer station in one of the common areas for guest use, adding iPod docking stations in each of the rooms and getting the best WiFi speed available. (WiFi with Net already added for greater speed; the rest in 1st Q 2011)
Sitting in the “central” part of the charming Santa Teresa neighborhood amongst turn-of-the-century mansions; ½ block to the famous Bonde “tram” line and one of the areas most popular bars, Bar do Gomez. Access to the wonderful Rio metro is a short 10 minute ride on the tram, bus or taxi. Casa Cool Beans is ideally located for easy access to the many local restaurants, bars, galleries and shops.
Rio de Janeiro, the glamorous center of gay-friendly Brazil, is more than just a place to see and be seen: it’s the Brazilian vacation destination of choice for those who want it all. Lounge on legendary beaches by day, spend an afternoon taking in priceless art and go club hopping by night. Or shop ’til you drop in trendy boutiques, get involved at one of the city’s many gay pride or art events, or unwind with the national cocktail of Brazil, the Caipirinha, at a new hip bar or indulge your senses in an internationally renowned gourmet dinner; you will find it easily in Rio de Janeiro! We know the BEST of Gay Rio!
Each of the 5 suites is immaculately decorated and luxuriously furnished. There are elements of life’s little luxuries in each of them, featuring the very best linens, sheets, towels and bathroom amenities. The en-suite bathrooms are new and modern. WiFi is complementary and available throughout Casa Cool Beans. All guestrooms are smoke-free.
Santa Teresa is all about art and we are fortunate to be able to present some of the most beautiful pieces of local Carioca Artists on our walls; many of which are for sale.
Casa Cool Beans has a beautiful garden (hidden to passers-by), open living room and pool area with sun terrace. (Guests are permitted to smoke here should they wish). The pool area offers beautiful vista views for sunning and relaxing. Guests can buy many of the items showcased in their room and around the hotel including art, bed linens, towels, soap and bathroom amenities, coffee beans and many other irresistible goodies.
New Owners – Lance, David & Mousse (our awesome dog!)
Dreaming of opening their own small boutique hotel or inn has consumed Lance and David for many years. Lance got the hospitality bug while working at some of New York City’s best hotels to include The Waldorf=Astoria, The Millennium Broadway, and The Four Seasons Hotel. David’s ability to understand and foresee technological and marketing trends will allow him to contribute significantly in adding technological upgrades and new modern conveniences throughout the Pousada. We welcome you and look forward to providing you with a wonderful stay at Casa Cool Beans.